CRS, GRI, ABR, e-Pro
GRI, CRS, CRP - what does all this alphabet soup mean to you? When you see initials like these behind a REALTOR®'s name, it means that this person is a committed professional, not content just to take the courses needed to get and maintain a real estate license, but determined to improve his or her professional skills. They have devoted time to attending advanced educational courses and taking examinations to earn these designations. Here's what some of the more common ones mean:
CRS: Certified Residential Specialist - the "master's degree of real estate". Every CRS Designee must have a proven track record in the business, as well as advanced education in related areas like finance, technology and marketing. The training available to CRS Designees includes a strong focus on technology and its applications in the real estate business. Awarded by the Residential Sales Council.
GRI: Graduate, REALTOR® Institute, is a nationally professional real estate designation. This designation may only be earned after successfully completing a rigorous educational program that includes 92 hours of live course instruction from a statewide faculty selected because of extensive experience in their own areas of expertise. This designation is available only to members of the local, state and National Association of REALTORS®.
ABR: Accredited Buyer Representative - denotes a Sales Associate who is qualified to provide buyer representation and is familiar with buyer brokerage and buyer agency issues. Requires a 12 hour course, active membership in REBAC, and at least five documented transactions during the previous 18th month period where the Sales Associate acted as a buyer's represetative. Awarded by the Real Estate Buyer's Agent Council (REBAC).
ePro: ePro is a new certification first offered in 2000 by the National Association of Realtors®. It is a comprehensive Internet certification program for real estate professionals. e-PRO holders have completed a course covering fundamentals of doing business online, ways of creating and maintaining online relationships, web marketing ethical and legal issues, and ways to adapt to new ways of doing business online.
• Keller Williams Realty Louisville
• RE/MAX Executive Club
• Formerly with Semonin Realtors
• Licensed, since 1995
• Small Business Owner, since 1979
• Specialist in Internet Marketing, luxury homes
• new construction, relocation, first time buyers
• vintage property.
• GRI Graduate Realtors Institute
• CRS Certified Residential Specialist
• ABR Accredited Buyers Representative
• e-PRO Internet Professional
• RECS Real Estate Cyberspace Specialist
• Jeffersontown High school
• University of Kentucky
• Floyd Wickman Real Estate Sales
• Luxury Home Marketing InstituteMemberships
• Greater Louisville Association of Realtors.
• KY Association of Realtors.
• National Association of Realtors.
• Council of Residential Specialists
• REBAC Real Estate Buyers Agency Council
• Institute for Luxury Home Marketing
• Real Estate Cyberspace Society